Saturday 11 January 2014

Happy New Year My Arse

Dear Dobson,

These are difficult, desperate days and in the face of such adversity, resurrecting our online tête-à-tête seemed like the only thing to do to preserve a modicum of sanity.

When last we spoke I was on board the Love Train and life was good. It continued to be so until just after Christmas when the stoker decided to throw me off. Nothing was negotiable. Perhaps he thought I'd dodged the fare but I can honestly say I hadn't.

Heartbreak over the Christmas / New Year period is possibly the worst kind. It's that time of year when couples strive to outdo each other with overt, gaudy displays of bile-inducing affection and being involuntarily single amidst all this is akin to having bubonic plague. No-one wants to get too close in case they catch it.

This wasn't what I anticipated going into 2014. I feel as if I missed a big clue along the way; the one that said 'He's going to dump you'. And let me tell you, the man is as stubborn as his Taurus the Bull birth sign - he won't be changing his mind or compromising in any way.

I'm shocked and saddened. I believed we were good together / for each other. Our experience was obviously very different.


Initially I will try and fix myself by taking on board what the Bee Gees have to say above, but luckily for me, I've been broken before so have a few tried and tested methods of my own; good people, running, singing, my course, this blog and strength of character. To be honest I'd have preferred to be planning a holiday with my boyfriend in the new year instead of my solitary emotional recovery, but needs must.

Despite the miserable overtures, it feels good to be back here.

Frankie

2 comments:

  1. Shit, that's rough - I remember how happy you were the last time your were blogging, many moons ago. Did he give you a reason? Not that it really matters now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you GB.

      The Man gave many tenuous reasons for wanting to end things. In my naive eyes, any issues could have been easily sorted - unfortunately it takes two to do that and The Man seemed to lack the necessary motivation.

      I could put it all down to mid-life crisis on his part, but that seems like a bit of a cop out.

      Whatever his reasons I'm now planning for a life with several cats who will leave my house smelling of pungent urine and cover my clothing with excess fur. There is much to look forward to.

      Frankie

      Delete