Tuesday 18 November 2014

Hanging Up The Towels

Dear Dobson,

Given that these are stressful times, it was inevitable that my old friend 'Insomnia' would rock up at some point, hence me hanging up the towels and loitering here at 1 o'clock in the morning.  I am so tired, in fact, I'm exhausted.  I've been fighting the lurgy for over a week now with no sign of it abating.  My body is telling me to slow down but it's difficult; I've children, singing rehearsals, gym and a soirée to organise for Saturday night.  My libido is suffering too and I feel terrible for cancelling my tryst with SG Guy tonight, but what's the point if I'm not up to it?  I'm no faker.

In view of my cancellation I considered a wank but lethargy and apathy won the day.  My glass of 14.5% Merlot remains unfinished, the lid is firmly on my 'Berlin XXX' poppers and the batteries in my bunny are on their last (hind) legs.  It's tragic.

Ten days and counting.  Then who knows where I'll be at - a better place hopefully, with some fresh batteries...

Frankie

2 comments:

  1. Yes, wanking on low battery power is never a good idea. A glass of warm milk and plenty of sleep would be my prescription. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear GB,

      Many thanks for your sensible advice. Perhaps not as good for me as milk, I've discovered that Vesper Martinis have a marvellous sleep inducing effect.

      I've a new pack of batteries waiting. They'll be cracked open this time next week once the shit is done and dusted...

      Frankie

      Delete