Sunday 20 January 2013

Red Wine Wind

Dear Frankie

After two and a bit decades of drinking red wine my body has said 'enough is enough' and given me the gift of horrendous wind whenever the amber nectar is consumed.

Basically I am a red wine fart machine.

The sort that stops you sleeping and makes you double over like a hunchback on a bell tower.

As Dorothy Parker said "What fresh hell is this?"

And I speak as a woman who has had PND, miscarried, been burgled, lost all her confidence at work, gained and lost 25 pounds and had regular therapy for a year.

Why wine, WHY???

Anyhoo.

Nice to be back. Needed the break to be honest. Last term was crazy so it was an easy decision just to shut up shop for a few weeks and go on stand-by. 

I am in survival mode at the moment. I want a 'normal' existence for a while, 'spesh while we are in the middle of winter. I am trying to make work work for me, not out to prove anything, but gain back some sense of pride and perspective.  I like to get home to the kids and switch off.  I may have to switch to gin. There are times in life when compromise is of the essence.

Right. Will see you at Les Mis at the O2 where I have been informed that 'inappropriate' behaviour will result in the management asking you to leave.

So that's wanking to Shugie Jackman out of the question.

Love

Dobson x

No comments:

Post a Comment