Sunday 17 March 2013

The Big Thaw

Dear Dobson,

I cannot believe yet another respective birthday has been and gone.  I must confess I've been thinking a lot this evening about the passing of time - a classic symptom of getting older.  Unfortunately I've reached no earth shattering conclusions, other than time seems to be accelerating a little too quickly for my liking, especially the good stuff which seems to be gone in the blink of an eye.


And please don't interpret my ruminations as sad or maudlin, if anything, what I've said above makes me value the good stuff even more.

Could I have injected more clichés into the preceding paragraphs?

I must congratulate you on your purchase of 'Orgasm' blusher, I shall pay close attention to your flush when we next meet, but don't go overboard will you?  I imagine the Aunt Sally look would probably have an adverse effect...  Luckily, and without wanting to sound like I'm bragging, I have no need for such cosmetic indulgences at the moment.  My cheeks are aglow like two enormous Belisha Beacons and my Bunny lies redundant in the drawer underneath my bed; just for the record, there are many other reasons I think The Man is wonderful.  The Ice Queen never stood a chance in such company.

On that note, it's time for me to retire to the boudoir where I shall slip under the covers and inhale what remnants are left of the weekend spent with him.  Defrosted...

Night Dobson.

Frankie

PS.  Happy frickin' Anniversary, this is our fiftieth post.

3 comments:

  1. 50th? That's a big anniversary, I thought most people stopped long before that, hence the need for blusher of any sort

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nota Bene,

    Thank you for peeking over the parapet.

    Fifty is indeed a big number for Dobson and I. I never thought we'd make it through our winter of discontent to be honest, but we did, and I'm glad it's only blusher required on the other side as opposed to heroin or the like... Spring is almost here.

    Frankie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't look a day over 25 Blogs..... Are we cougars to the younger bloggers? Those on minus 50?

    ReplyDelete