Wednesday 8 May 2013

Just Not Tony Hart - Please

Dear Dobson,

Since the Jimmy Savile story broke several months ago, I have been somewhat distressed by the long line of celebrity paedophiles, rapists and sex offenders that has continued to emerge.  It's like the televisual story of my youth is slowly being destroyed before my very eyes...

Yesterday's revelation that Tarby may be joining the ranks of Savile et al was yet another inappropriate slap in the face.  It would seem the concept of 'Variety' in the 70s meant exactly that.

As an homage to the continuing scandal, and with some assistance from The Man, I have come up with a list of top five tracks to mark the occasion:


Aaaaaaat 5...  'Clair' by Gilbert O'Sullivan

Aaaaaaat 4...  'Thank Heaven For Little Girls' from Gigi

Aaaaaaat 3...  'Sweet Sixteen' by Neil Sedaka

Aaaaaaat 2...  'Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon' by Neil Diamond

And at Number 1...  'Young Girl' by Gary Puckett and The Union Gap

Obviously Serge Gainsbourg gets a special mention for 'Lemon Incest', the duet which he sang with his then twelve year old daughter...  

Unfortunately I've little doubt that in the time it's taken me to write this, yet another celebrity's name will have been added to the ever increasing list.  I'm sure it will stop eventually, it has to, else there will be no-one left to out.

Happy Wednesday.

Frankie

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget Johnny Morris. I wouldn't have trusted him with an under-age female chimp. An under-age female gorilla would have broken his arms and legs, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear GB,

      Didn't the Johnny Morris rumour involve children and a glass table?

      Trust no-one...

      Frankie

      Delete
  2. My childhood is in ruins...I dare not look back, just in case I see something I shouldn't. I'm not going to name names,but there must be a fair few celebrities and pop/rock stars sweating at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear NB,

      You're right. Many of us of a certain age have had our respective childhoods ruined by all these revelations. Unfortunately I think we've not heard the last of it yet.

      Frankie

      Delete