Saturday 22 December 2012

Winding Doon

Dearest Frankie,

Oh, how I have missed you and our spiritual home of bloggage.

An unfortunate accident with my laptop and Microsoft's strange security measures had curtailed my entries, but I took a lot of joy from reading your last two blogs.

I have decided to batten down the hatches now and resume all things in the new year.  Despite crippling tiredness I still cannot sleep properly and my face looks like a bag of spanners. It's all about self-preservation, innit.

What was your highlight of the week I hear you cry!

It's a close run thing between:-

A.  Being in an all day Pantomime Workshop with fifty-five Year 8 children.

Funny as fuck. The guy running it, Ray, has worked with us before and is bloody brilliant. Hilarious, jokes going over kids' heads, awe inspiring. Got us all up doing stuff. I nearly knocked a child out with my bingo wing whilst dancing 'Gangam Style'.....

B.  Writing a list of 'People I would like a Go On before the world ends'.

Obviously the world did not end. However the list was comprehensive and involved several of us ladies at work going through Top 100 lists, with pictures on the internet (oh yes, we were thorough) and picking / rejecting at will.

Those poor bastards who didn't make the cut, eh?

The events that didn't make my top two of the week(s) include:

  • No one who was leaving school actually turning up to do their speeches.
  • The bun fight for seats at son's nativity play.
  • A period that was two and a half weeks late, but still gave me all the joy of a normal one for those two and a half weeks, then made me feel like fainting in the middle of Westfield Stratford when it actually came.

Incidently, it was Moron Central in said shopping centre. What you need to do is look completely the wrong way when you are walking, or just text people as you walk. Then barge really quickly into anything that happens to be passing. Or, as one delightful family did, fill up a whole passage taking a photo of you all fucking shopping in a fucking mall.  What ever happened to taking your family out for a real fucking day out, then capturing it for prosperity? Morons. 

And breathe.

Peace and love ma chérie.

Yours

Dobson

No comments:

Post a Comment