Monday 18 February 2013

Consternation

Dear Dobson,

It happened last night and it has terrified me. 

As you are aware, my dear friend, there is a certain someone I have been spending a significant amount of time with.  Yesterday evening he took me out for dinner.  He’s the kind of man who opens doors for you and helps you with your coat even though you're not a septuagenarian.  He is thoughtful, attentive, has a wickedly dry sense of humour and is easy going.

Post-dinner, whilst lying wrapped in my lover’s arms I felt a stirring which was nothing to do with sex or fucking.  It was a warm, hormonal surge which prompted me to press myself further into him, he responded by tightening his well-defined arms around me.

Each time I see him, the fondness I feel for him intensifies a little.  We’re not talking the ‘L’ word but these old familiar feelings – the ones which have led to so much hurt in the past – are certainly making their uncomfortable presence felt.

I am deeply concerned that my cynical writing style will be affected by the presence of emotions and the like.  Help me Dobson, you’re my only hope... 

Frankie

PS.  Having monopolised our blog for so long, I now refuse to write any more until you have made an entry.  Fnar.

No comments:

Post a Comment