Wednesday 24 October 2012

Eye Eye

Dear Dobson,

Glad you managed to swing by Blogsville given your exhaustion.  I hope you are now lying in the comfort of your bed, all-seeing 'eye' tightly closed and dreaming pleasant things - perhaps the odd fart thrown in for good measure.

Did you know the Norse god Odin gave up one eye in order that he could gain wisdom and power?  Have you struck a deal with someone somewhere?  For the record, I only know this as a result of Googling 'Thor' after seeing the film with the boys - nothing to do with knowledge, schooling or being well read.

Still focusing on all things visual (see what I did there...) modern educational practice sounds blinkered (I'll stop now...) and frighteningly naïve.  Next time you're in one of these meetings and get the urge to draw phalluses left, right and centre, spraying obscenities all over the place, I suggest you do it.  Get it down on paper.  You could make a mint selling that shit to pubescent boys.  Forty minutes scribbling could earn you a lot of money.

I am tired but wired.  Seems to be a bit of a mantra these days. 

I think I shall retire to the boudoir with some Neil Diamond and seek inspiration.

Frankie

No comments:

Post a Comment