Sunday 28 October 2012

Spring Forward, Fall Back

Dear Dobson,

Your day of 'Super Learning' made me want to weep for you and those like you.  If ever there were a valid excuse to self-harm I'd say you have one right there...  'This morning we will be dealing with conflict resolution and this afternoon we will be stating the cunting obvious'.  It's a shame your poor man's Tony Robbins looked nothing like Tony Robbins; given that visual stimulus some inappropriate nipple brushing at the back could have been a fine way to pass the seemingly endless hours.

Today it is my turn to have eyes like pissholes in the snow.  It's safe to say I am fairly fucked and a battery recharge is on this evening's agenda.  A lovely, but late, time on Friday night / Saturday morning and then beaucoup de gin in Kings Langley last night has broken me.

The train journey back from Watford was fairly horrific; standing room only and I'm sure I actually nodded off at one point during the twenty-five minute ride, unable to fight the urge to close my stinging eyes.  On waking from my vertical power snooze I noticed the dribble down the back of the young German in front of me and can only presume I was responsible.

I was so desperate to get home I was close to tears on changing at London Bridge.  An irritating toilet stop slowed me down there, though I confess the desire to just let it flow was strong.  I am unsure whether the need for 'immediate release' was a symptom of the three pints consumed with my roast dinner or simply my middle-aged bladder.  I don't relish the prospect of the waterworks going up the spout just yet.  Catheter schmatheter.

Is it too early to go to bed given that the clocks went back?

Frankie

No comments:

Post a Comment