Thursday 1 November 2012

Inanities

Dear Dobson,

I’m currently in the boudoir with the complex chorus of Peter Andre’s ‘Insania’ going through my head.  As a genius early morning twist on this, I have substituted the word ‘Insania’ for insomnia.  Repeat ad infinitum…

I have been awake for almost two hours now listening to the London rain, trying to clear my mind of the junk that is irritating it, and failing.  At times like these I wish I had an off switch.  I could simply twist my earlobe and drift into the most satisfying sleep known to womankind.

Given that I lack such a switch I have a feeling that the day ahead is going to be a long one.  Instead of waking refreshed and glowing in a Doris Day kind of way, instinct tells me I will rise looking more like the somnambulist in The Cabinet of Dr Caligari (recently revisited thanks to your good self).  


I do think someone should have told him that wearing that much eye make-up is never a flattering look when you’re exhausted.

Right, I’ve three hours until my day is due to begin…  See you on the other side.

Frankie

No comments:

Post a Comment